- Judge: Marc Saperstein., Esq.
- Prosecutor: Marc Ramundo, Esq.
- Public Defender: Jill Cadre, Esq.
- Municipal Court Administrator: Antoinette Ceccon, CMCA
NOTE: Please do not question the Court about points - they are NOT assessed by the Court, they are assessed by the State of New Jersey. Please click here for the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission website's NJSA Points Schedule, or contact Motor Vehicle Services directly.
Frequently Asked Questions or Click on the Link to Contact Us Directly
1. What can I expect when I come to court?
Please see “Your Day in Court” brochure, download on the right.
2. What do I do if I get a ticket and have a question?
Please call the Englewood Cliffs Municipal Court Office, 201-568-7860
3. If I wish to appear at court to contest my ticket what do I do?
Please call the Englewood Cliffs Municipal Court Office, 201-568-7860.
4. How do I pay my ticket?
You may pay at the Englewood Cliffs Municipal Court Office, with cash, check or money order or if paying by credit card, click on the blue link on the right.
5. What do I do if I lost my ticket?
Please call the Englewood Cliffs Municipal Court Office, 201-568-7860 and provide them with license plate number or driver’s license information.
6. How do I get a public defender?
In order to get a public defender you must come to court and complete a Financial Questionnaire to Establish Indigency-Municipal Court Form. Download form on the right. The Judge will review the completed form and and grant his approval if you are eligible. You will be advised as to how much you must pay for the services of the public defender.
7. Where can I get legal advice if I am not eligible for a Public Defender?
Contact the N.J. State Bar Association for Bergen County Referral Service, 15 Bergen St. Hackensack, NJ 07601, 201-488-0044, www.bergenbar.org.
8. What do I do if I cannot appear at court on the date scheduled?
Please call the Englewood Cliffs Municipal Court Office, 201-568-7860 and request a new court date. Please note no adjournments will be considered 3 business days prior to your court date. No adjournments will be granted on DWI cases.
9. If the Judge suspends my Driver’s License may I get a special license to drive to and from work?
No, temporary driver’s licenses are not issued in the State of New Jersey for this purpose.
10. What do I do if I do not have money to pay my fines on court night?
Full payment is expected on court night. If you do not have the money to pay all your fines you must complete the Financial Questionnaire to Establish Indigency-Municipal Court Form. The Judge will review the form and determine whether or not you are eligible for a Time Payment Plan.
11. The motor vehicle violation on my ticket is not listed on the back of the ticket. What should I do?
Please call the Englewood Cliffs Municipal Court Office at 201-568-7860.
12. What happens if I fail to pay my ticket or fines?
If you fail to pay your fines/tickets your driver’s license may be suspended or a warrant may be issued.
13. How do I get a copy of my driver’s abstract?
You may contact the N.J. Dept. of Motor Vehicles at 609-292-7500 or go on line at www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/DriverHistory.htm
14. My driver’s license is suspended. How do I get it restored?
Make certain all fines are paid in full with all courts. Contact the N.J. Dept. of Motor Vehicles at 609-292-7500 for additional information.
15. How do I file an Appeal?
Appeals must be filed within 20 days after the entry of judgment with the Superior Court. The link for the Appeal Packet is located at the right. Please download and complete.
16. What is conditional discharge?
If you are charged with a drug-related charge and have no prior drug convictions, you may be eligible for a Conditional discharge. A Conditional discharge term lasts for a period between 6 months and 3 years. You will be required to report to the Probation Department. If you have no further drug arrests or convictions and complete the program, the Court will be notified and the original charge against you will be dismissed. If you fail to report when scheduled or if you have any new drug arrests and/or convictions, the Court will be notified and you will be scheduled to appear in Court for
on the original charge.
17. I got a ticket for a violation of my provisional license can I pay the ticket ?
If you get a ticket/summons for a violation of your provisional license you will need to appear in court.
Listing files in 'Municipal Court '
Borough of Englewood Cliffs
10 Kahn Terrace
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
email us at email@example.com
PUBLIC WINDOW HOURS
9:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.